The essential elements of any successful weight loss program are to eat a healthy diet, regular physical exercise and taking natural nutritional supplements. Many people fall short of their goals because they do not include all three essential elements while treating their weight loss program as a “diet”. A diet is nothing but a temporary change of eating habits. Its very essence is never meant to be permanent even though we want permanent results. A successful weight loss program focuses on permanently changing unhealthy habits and doing the things that will help maintain lifelong health and happiness. Therefore we walk for fitness, weight loss and we walk for our health.
Walk for Fitness.
To get the most out of our walk for fitness program we want to be intentional about achieving our fitness, weight loss and health goals. When we are intention we are committed to accomplish our goals. These points helps your walk fitness plan. Whether you walk outside, in a gym, at the mall, on a treadmill, elliptical machine or a stepper you should always focus on these key tips.
1. Stretch before and after you walk. This helps your muscles loosen up and get the most out of walk.
2. Start Slow, Finish Slow. This is the warm up and cool down time of your exercise. Your heart and body needs to gradually move into the exercise and ease out of it.
3. Use Your Arms. Not only are you adding a full body work out to your walk fitness plan but by using your arms you get your heart more fully engaged. Walking is not just to work your legs out but more importantly walking strengthens your heart.
4. Breathe. By taking deep breathes throughout your walk you are bringing oxygen into your lungs and body. The oxygen is necessary to improve our blood flow, help our muscles work at their optimal level (including your heart muscle)and even improve each and every one of our cells. Oxygen and water are the most essential elements needed in our bodies and both help improve the effectiveness of your work out plan.
5. Contract Your Stomach Muscles. We are moving our walk fitness plan to be a total body workout. By contracting your stomach muscles and holding them for 5 to 10 seconds throughout your walk you are building your core muscles ( your abs and back).
6. Change Your Pace. Many people walk only for aerobic exercise. In fact, by changing the speed and intensity of your walk you move to an anaerobic exercise as well. Anaerobic exercise is were you will increase the speed and intensity for a short period and then return to your comfortable pace. For instance you can walk as fast as you can for 1 or 2 minutes or 1 or 2 blocks. Or you can increase the incline of your treadmill for short period of time to increase your intensity. Walking up and down hills will serve the same purpose. The anaerobic exercise takes your walk fitness plan to another level.
By applying these tips your walk becomes more than a walk in the park but a complete walk for fitness plan that is a full body workout to help you get fit, lose weight, and improve your health all for my favorite cost, Free. Be careful not to overdo it. Your walk for fitness plan works for you regardless of your fitness level. But start at your level and grow from there.